Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The boss at the Blitz-office



Since the school program has a break during the World cup we will have some other things on the blog.
Today we present Wire.

Hello, my name is Aretha "Wire" Tshabalala.
I'm a former football player, played for Soweto Ladies F.C and Women's national team(94-98)and played Basketball (S.O.T.S). I live in one of the townships called Naledi (star) with my mother, brother and sister (twins).
I spend five days (mon-fri) from 10h00am-16h30 at Blitz Academy of Sports office situated at Entokozweni Community Centre in Moletsane. I'm an office administrator, teach leadership in sports and I train kids and mentally unstable people.
Blitz Academy of Sport its a Non-profit making organization that deals with sports leadership and also we use sport as a tool to address social ills.
I'm dedicated to my work at Blitz because I love sport and since Blitz is an academy of sport that loves its community we have something in common. Through my years as a soccer player I learned a lot so I want to give back the knowledge to my community (learn and teach).
Everything starts in the heart.
Since my involvement at Blitz I have seen my colleagues use the education they got from our friends from Sweden to get jobs and kids get to explore in different sporting that Blitz cater in.
In one of our programs we take 120 kids away from the streets for 1 hour in three days of the week.
Some never seen handball in their lives but thanks to Blitz leaders now they are exposed to the sport.
Our cooperation with IF Vaster means a lot to Blitz for its well being. More as specially with the connections that was created on our partnership.
For Blitz If Vaster is like a Mother body of NPO's.
In 2006 January we attended a leadership training with 40 women and men sports lovers from different sports backgrounds (one of three). 3 ladies and 3 men were chosen to go to Sweden for the third course.
In 2009 I came as a coach for the under 14 boys that went to play In the biggest youth tournament in the world Gothia cup.
My dream is to study and get more education in sports. I think sports is my calling because I love it. More especially when it involves kids.
For me the World cup is not only for South Africans but for all the countries that helped our country during the oppression. We made history for hosting the first world cup in african soil.
Bafana Bafana is now 90 percent ready and I think is good. Every where you go around Soweto you can feel the vibe of World Cup.

Wire

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for the presentation Wire. Since I met You, I am convinced that You are the perfect person for this work! Good luck in the future. Lots of love to all of You at Blitz Academy. I will hold my thumb for Bafana Bafana in the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete