Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Chairperson


Hello my name is Thabiso Masilo I am the chairman of Blitz. I am 38 years old and love sport. I work for the Department of Sport and Recreation in the province of Gauteng.
I am employed as a Senior Activities Coordinator. I am fluent in Basketball, Volleyball Football, Gymnastics. JKA Karate.

In 1997 I had an opportunity to study Sport at the Gothenburg Folkhogskola in Sweden. This came about as a result of my involvement in Soweto Basketball League and I attended a course organised by the NSC (National Sport Counsel) and RF (Riksidrrttsforbundet) called South Africa sport for All.

It has been my mission since then to start an organisation that will work with development of sport in the townships of Soweto. In 2005 together with friends here and in Sweden we conceptualized Blitz as a Sport training and Development organisation.

My involvement with blitz makes me relies my hopes and dreams of taking care of kids in my community by giving the a chance to participate and contributing in uplift society.

It is also because I was given a chance by someone to get the knowledge that I have it is only proper to take it further with the hope that those that get the knowledge will pass it on

I am proud to see this organisation at its fifth years. Young People in Good Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment